Have you ever considered a career in flower arranging? Or maybe you just enjoy creating flower arrangements for yourself.
There is nothing has mood lifting and room enhancing as a bouquet of fresh flowers. Even if it’s a handful of dandelions given to me by a child, I love the smell, the feel and the sight of fresh flowers.
If I never received any other type of gift, fresh flowers would be perfect!
There are so many ways to arrange flowers; I think there are as many ways as there are people who enjoy them!
You can take a $3.00 bouquet of flowers from you local grocer and turn them into the bright part of anyone’s week.
Here are a few tips to make cheerful, happy moments for yourself or others using fresh cut flowers:
- Regardless of the size of your bouquet of fresh flowers, snip off the bottom of the stems with a sharp scissors. This makes the flowers absorb moisture better to make them last longer.
- Remove any leaves that will rest below the water level in your vase. It will prevent your water from degrading and shortening the life of your flower display.
- If using a clear glass vase and you want to hide the stems, put a few thick lemon or lime slices between the vase and the stems. The fruit hides the stems while providing such a happy, fresh look to enhance your display.
- Another way to make a clear glass vase a designer vase is to cut a piece of ribbon that compliments your flower arrangement and wrap it around the outside of the vase, securing it with a drop of glue from a hot glue gun. This is easy enough to change with the seasons as well as your flowers.
- Change the water in your vase at least every two days to keep your flower arrangement fresher longer.
If you shop every week for groceries, give up a snack or two and use the extra few dollars to buy yourself some fresh flowers. You’ll enjoy experimenting with the flower arranging and you’ll feel so happy when those beautiful buds greet you in the morning!
Site Disclosure Statement:
This site is for entertainment purposes only. No information provided is from a professional and should not be considered as such. You are advised to consult a professional for all matters. The owner of this site has affiliate relationships with a variety of sponsors and may receive monetary compensation for advertising displayed on this site by sponsored ads, sponsored articles and as a result of any purchase you may make by clicking through to sponsor sites.